Join the International Book Club
Enjoy reading literature from all over the world? Want to meet new people who share that interest?
Then join Bergen International Book Club. Participation is free. The only requirement is that you want to read and speak English.
Kari Jegerstedt, literature-lover and associate professor at the University of Bergen, leads the book club. Once a month, she will be selecting a book by one of the international authors due to attend the festival or the program at the Literature House.
The book club normally meet in the Fosse-stova room at Litteraturhuset i Bergen. Book Club autumn 2021:
16. august: Three Rings by Daniel Mendelsohn
13. september: Something by Judith Hermann
11. oktober: As If Anything Can Happen by Rasma Heidri
Joining the book club will allow you to
- meet new people who share your pleasure in literature
- become better acquainted with the works of some of the authors coming to Bergen
- discuss literature with a specialist
- acquire unique political and cultural insights into far-away countries – through their literature.
To ask questions and sign up, send an e-mail to email@example.com
You can order the relevant books through Boksalongen, Litteraturhuset’s own bookshop, and get a 10 per cent discount. To reserve a book, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.